Facilities for Dogs
Dog Friendly Holiday Park Devon
Forest Glade is a dog friendly holiday park. Dogs are very welcome on site and there is plenty of space to exercise your pet, either on or off the lead. Set in 26 acres of Devon countryside the park is surrounded by forest with walks direct from the park.
Dogs at Forest Glade
Forest Glade is perfect for a dog-friendly getaway in Devon.
We have access to 300 acres of forest surrounding the park, which provides plenty of space for exercise.
We do not have an enclosed field for your pets but the forest is a great exercise area for them to run around and explore with the rest of the family! There are no surfaced paths in the forest so please come prepared.
Please note there is a maximum of 2 dogs per unit (except by special arrangement).
We can provide details of local kennels and many of our local beaches are dog-friendly.
Details of bookable secure dog walking fields for your dog to exercise off the lead are further down the page.
Our Exe, Blackdown and Otter Caravans are pet-friendly so you can bring your family dog along to enjoy a holiday too!
Camping with dogs in Devon
Pets are welcome throughout the park on all our camping/touring pitches, so why not enjoy a camping holiday in Devon with your family pet.
We welcome up to 2 well-behaved dogs (more by arrangement) throughout the park so you can choose any pitch and bring your dog.
Top tips for Camping with Dogs
Here are our top tips for making sure that you, your dog and your fellow campers get the most out of your stay:
- Towels for muddy paws are a must! It’s a good idea to have a seperate sleeping compartment for your dog if you can!
- An obvious one but lots (and lots) of poo bags!
- Bring your dog’s own bed from home to give your pup something familiar
- A sturdy anchor to which you can tether your dog while cooking or eating makes mealtimes a lot less stressful (we sell these in the shop along with a tie out cable)
- Make sure you dog is trained in basic obedience
- Check your dog’s microchip is up to date
- You might want to bring your dog’s vaccination information with you and don’t forget any medication needed
For more information read our Top Tips for Camping with Dogs blog.
What's available in the shop for your pet?
We stock tinned and dry dog food as well as dog treats and doggie ice cream. We also have dog collars and leads, stakes and tie out cables, dog waste bags and dispensers.
Dog Friendly Days Out
Make sure you get the most out of your holiday by going on lots of dog-friendly days out. There is plenty of choice in Devon.
See our top picks for dog-friendly days out below:
- The South West Coast Path is a short drive away as are plenty of dog-friendly beaches.
- Explore the grounds of the beautiful National Trust property Knightshayes.
- Take a doggy tram ride on the Seaton Tramway.
- Dogs are also welcome at the Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth – this is one of our favourite days out and perfect for kids too!
- Planning a day out at the seaside – find out about dog-friendly beaches in our local area.
Many of our local pubs welcome dogs – ask at Reception for details.
Exercising your pet
Just along the road from us, on the way to Honiton, is Blackdown Hills Puppy and Dog Activity Park
Book a session and your dog(s) has 6.25 acres of land all to itself, and you have beautiful views out across the Exe Valley.
A little further away is Paws4Play Dog Park
Around 15 minutes drive and just off the Cullompton Honiton road you can book a 30 minute session for exclusive use for your pet(s).