Applicable for bookings made after 1 January 2023
The Contract for a holiday booking will be between Forest Glade Holiday Park (referred to as “We”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “the Customer”, or “Your”, or “You”) in the following booking conditions.
1. We aim to provide the very best service to all our guests. Please discuss your requirements with us. We will do our very best to help. Our full Access Statement is available on our website (www.forest-glade.co.uk). If you need these Terms and Conditions and our Booking Form in a different format, please ask us.
Who may stay with us
2. The person who completes the Booking Form, or who makes the booking with us by other means, is responsible for the booking and must be 18 years of age or older.
3. Only the people named on the Booking Form, or when the booking is made by another means, may stay with us.
4. Your booking is personal to you and you cannot assign or transfer it to any other person.
5. If you request a booking for more than two people, we may ask you to provide evidence to our reasonable satisfaction that you are all couples or all members of the same family.
6. If you request a booking for more than one Pitch, then we may contact you before deciding whether to accept the booking to help us decide whether we are able to provide the holiday experience you are looking for.
7. You must tell us if your booking request is connected to any other booking, for example because you know the other party or you share a common purpose in visiting the Park. If you do not tell us about a connection, we may cancel your booking immediately and (if your stay with us has started) require you to leave the Park. You will only be entitled to a refund if a third party takes up your booking. In that event we will refund you up to the money we receive for the rebooking less our reasonable administration charges.
How to book
8. Bookings can be requested in the following ways:
By email, [email protected]
By telephone – 01404 841381
Online – www.forest-glade.co.uk
9. You must tell us your full requirements, for example if you are bringing any vehicles, tents or other structures. We need this information when deciding whether we are able to accept your booking and we may not be able to accommodate changes.
10. A contract exists when we have issued our confirmation to you.
11. Please check our booking confirmation carefully to see that it reflects your wishes. Please let us know of any difference within seven days, unless your holiday is due to start within 14 days in which case you should inform us within 24 hours.
12. We reserve the right to refuse any booking.
The price you pay
13. Our prices include VAT
14. The price will not be subject to any change unless the rate of VAT changes.
15. When you request your booking, you must pay a deposit of 50% of the price of your holiday or (if you are requesting to book 1 month or less before the arrival date) full payment is due.
16. Unless you paid in full when requesting your booking, the balance of the total cost of your holiday must be paid at least one month before the arrival date. We will send you an email reminder. If the balance is not paid in time, then we may cancel the holiday and retain the deposit as our cancellation charge. We will confirm the cancellation to you in writing by email or letter.
17. Please make sure that you book all the dates you need. We are not able to guarantee that we will be able to extend your booking.
Arrivals and departures
18. You must tell us if you are likely to arrive later than 6.30pm. You may not arrive after 9.00pm on a camping or touring pitch. Late arrivals in holiday caravans can be arranged – please telephone us.
19. If we have not heard from you within 24 hours of your expected arrival, we may release your booking. You will only be entitled to a refund if a third party takes up your booking. In that event we will refund you up to the money we receive for the rebooking an administration charge of £10.00.
20. You must vacate your accommodation by 10.00am: 11.00am for camping/touring pitches on the day of your departure. Late stays may be possible at an additional charge subject to availability.
21. We will try to allocate you the location of your choice on the Park, but bookings are not conditional on this.
22. Your location on the Park and directions to it will be confirmed on arrival. If you are in any doubt, please check with us. Any guest staying in the wrong location may be required to move.
Changes caused by exceptional circumstances
23. We may make reasonable changes to our Services. Our changes may reflect changes in relevant laws, guidance and regulatory requirements or implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a health and safety risk.
24. If we make changes which mean we can only provide your holiday in a radically different way, we will give you the choice between confirming your booking, agreeing new booking dates with us or cancelling. We prefer that you postpone rather than cancel but will always allow you to cancel where the law gives you the right to do so.
25. If the law prevents us from performing our obligations under these Terms & Conditions at all, for any reason which is not the responsibility of either party, we may ask you to postpone but will allow you to cancel if you prefer to do so. For these purposes, reasons which are your responsibility include any arising from your personal circumstances. Examples are ill health (except if the law prevents you from visiting or staying with us in consequence, for example because you are legally required to self-isolate) and any restrictions arising from your chosen career.
26. If you decide to cancel where clause 24 or clause 25 applies and your holiday has not started, then we will refund your booking including any deposit. If your holiday has started, then we will refund any days unused. We will not charge an administration fee, and we will only deduct any costs we have already incurred which we cannot recover elsewhere (‘Direct Costs’). We will not be liable to make any other payment to you.
27. We may also cancel your holiday, or any unused days, if Government guidance means that you should not visit or stay with us, even if the law still allows you to do so. If we cancel and your holiday has not started, then we will refund your booking in full including any deposit. If your holiday has started, then we will refund in full any days unused when we cancel. We will not charge an administration fee and we will not deduct any Direct Costs.
Changing your booking
28. If you wish to change your holiday or the details of your party, including the names or number of guests, there is an administration fee of £10.00. Only one change of date is permitted.
Changes may be possible up to 7 days prior to your arrival and no refunds will be payable if the change results in a credit under £20.00; if this happens we will discuss your options with you.
If changes aren’t possible and you don’t want to keep your original booking it would have to be considered as a cancellation – see ‘Other cancellations’.
29. We hope that you don’t need to cancel your holiday booking, but, if you do, please call us as soon as you can. Cancellation will be effective on the date it is notified to us.
30. If you cancel under clause 29, cancellation charges are payable as follows unless you are doing so because we are in serious breach of our obligations in these Booking Terms and Conditions.
|Cancellation received more than 60 days before arrival date
|5% charge, refund 95% of total booking value
|Between 59 and 30 days before the arrival date||Charge is 50% of total booking value; 50% refund
|Between 29 and 8 days before the arrival date||Charge is 75% of total booking value; 25% refund
|7 days before the arrival date||Charge is 90% of total booking value; 10% refund
|1 – 6 days before the arrival date
|No refund due|
On receipt of the cancellation, the above table states the percentage of the total booking value that we will refund you at that point in time. You are liable for the remaining amount.
Where possible we will aim to re-let the accommodation or pitch and refund you to the value of the replacement booking, which may be less than the original value of your holiday.
If we issue you with a refund, we’ll return your money in the same way you made your original payment, for example back to the same payment card. If you have opted for a credit note it will be valid until the end of the following season – for example credit notes issued in 2022 will be valid until the end of the 2023 season. We are unable to refund vouchers.
31. You are not entitled to any refund if you or any of your guests leave before the end of your holiday unless clause 24 or clause 25 applies or if we are in serious breach of our obligations under these Booking Terms and Conditions. If we are in serious breach of your obligations, we will refund you for the days of the holiday that have not been taken.
32. We may also cancel your holiday if you breach any of the these Booking Terms and Conditions. Clauses 53-55 give further details.
33. We recommend that you consider appropriate holiday insurance which covers any cancellation charges and any additional losses which you may incur through cancellation of your holiday, whether by you or by us. We are only responsible for any additional losses if you were entitled to cancel because we were in serious breach of our obligations to you and the losses were both directly caused by our breach and reasonably foreseeable by us when the booking was made.
If you cut short your holiday
34. If you decide to cut short your holiday for any reason including the weather there is no partial refund or credit for a future stay.
Authorised means of payment
35. You may pay us in any of the following ways:
By bank transfer using the following details:
Forest Glade Holiday Park
Sort code 560049
Account number 58223770
Use the booking number as your reference.
By credit or debit card over the telephone or in person at Reception, or through our online booking system. We accept all major credit and debit cards, including American Express.
By cash in person at Reception.
36. We are confident you will be happy with our service. If you have any complaint, we encourage you to discuss it with us as soon as possible as this gives us the best chance of resolving it with you. If you remain unhappy, please contact us again within 28 days of your departure and we will try to help.
Please refer to:
|Name/Job title:||Andrea Gosling, Managing Partner||Telephone:||01404 841381|
Our promises to you
38. We will allow you to stay with us for the duration of your booking for holiday and recreational purposes, provided you comply with your obligations in these Booking Terms and Conditions and except where exceptional circumstances prevent us from doing so.
39. We will provide, maintain, and keep in good state of repair the Services, except where these have to be interrupted temporarily for the purposes of repair or development or for other reasons caused by exceptional circumstances outside our control.
40. We will insure the park against usual third-party risks to a minimum of £5,000,000 per claim.
Your promises to us
You agree that you will:
41. Keep to these Booking Terms and Conditions and the Park Rules.
42. Stay with us only for holiday and recreational purposes.
43. Pay promptly for your holiday and any other charges due to us.
44. Pay us interest at 3% per annum over the published base rate of Barclays Bank plc from time to time (in Northern Ireland, the Ulster Bank) on any undisputed sums overdue from the due date to the date we actually receive such amounts from you, both before and after any judgment that we may obtain against you.
45. Not cause any damage during your holiday.
46. Not do or fail to do anything which might put us in breach of any condition of the Site Licence, which is always available on the Park in a conspicuous place. For example, the conditions of the Site Licence which may affect you include those requiring the space between caravans and other structures to be kept clear, those prohibiting combustible structures, those regarding car parking and those requiring the underside of caravans to be kept clear.
47. Not make any alteration to any accommodation or pitch.
48. Permit us to move you to another location on the Park if necessary. We will ensure that any alternative location will be of similar quality and be responsible for any reasonable costs incurred.
These standards will apply from when you request your booking until your holiday ends. Unless stated otherwise, they apply whether or not you are on the Park at the time.
You agree to, and you must make sure that you, your party and any visitors (including, in each case, their children), keep to the following standards of behaviour:
49. To act in a courteous and considerate manner towards us, our staff and anyone visiting, using or working on the Park including other customers.
50. To supervise children so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or other people using the Park.
51. Not to:
- Commit any criminal offence (whether or not on the Park or in its vicinity) which causes your name to be entered on the Violent and Sex Offender Register or causes you to be subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or Child Abduction Warning Notice (or any register, order or notice succeeding these);
- Use the Park in connection with any criminal activity or commit any other criminal offence (i.e. any offence not already subject to clause 49.1) at the Park or in its vicinity;
- Commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance on the Park;
- Use fireworks, Chinese lanterns or any similar open flame heat source on the Park;
- Keep or carry any firearm or any other weapon on the Park;
- Keep or use any unlawful drugs on the Park;
- Create undue noise or disturbance or commit antisocial behaviour on the Park;
- Carry on any trade or business at the Park;
- Permit anyone who is to your knowledge on the Violent and Sex Offender Register or subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or a Child Abduction Warning Notice (or any register, order or notice succeeding these) to use or visit the Park.52. You agree that if you or any of your family members or visitors or guests whom you have invited to the Park break the behaviour standards listed above then we may terminate your booking.
Cancelling the booking because you are in breach of these Booking Terms and Conditions
53. We may cancel your holiday if you are in serious breach of your obligations in these Terms and Conditions and the breach is not capable of being remedied or is such that it causes a breakdown in the relationship between you and us (for example violence or intentional damage to property) by serving upon you reasonable notice in writing to cancel your booking. In deciding what period of notice is reasonable, we shall have due regard to the nature of the breach and other relevant circumstances. In appropriate cases, this may mean requiring you to leave the Park immediately.
54. If you are in breach of any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions which is capable of being remedied (for example, a failure to comply with the behaviour standards in clauses 49-52 which has not caused a breakdown in the relationship between you and us) we may write giving you warning, specifying the breach and asking you to remedy the breach within a reasonable and specified time. If you do not comply with that warning and the breach is either serious and/or amounts to persistent breaches of obligation, which taken individually would be minor, but which taken together cause a breakdown in the relationship between you and us, we are entitled to write to you to cancel your booking. In appropriate cases, the warning we give you may be very short, and we may then require you to leave the Park immediately.
55. If we cancel your booking under clauses 47 or 48 you will only be entitled to a refund if a third party takes up your booking. In that event we will refund you up to the money we receive for the rebooking less our reasonable administration charges.
Changing the Park Rules
56. It may be necessary or desirable to change the Park Rules from time to time, including for reasons of health and safety, the efficient running of the Park, environmental issues, local authority requirements, and/or changes in law or regulations imposed upon us, in which case we will notify you in writing using your contact details at the address given at the time of booking.
57. Any changes made to the Park Rules after we accept your booking may affect you because you will be required to comply with the changed Park Rules, but will not affect anything else to which you are entitled under these Booking Terms and Conditions.
58. We hold a key to the all the accommodation we own on the Park.
59. If you are staying in our accommodation, we may use the key for any purpose authorised by you, for example if you ask us to give access to an authorised visitor. We may require you to confirm your authority in writing.
60. We may also use the key in an emergency, such as an immediate concern for the health and safety of any person, to carry out urgent repairs or preventative work, or to check and secure the accommodation if it appears to be insecure.
61. We will take reasonable care when accessing any accommodation.
62. We agree that any letters or other communications between us shall be sent using the details for us in these Booking Terms and Conditions and for you using the booking details provided by you. Email will be used.
63. “Park Rules” means the rules of conduct and practice issued by us from time to time and applicable to the Park. The Park Rules which currently apply to your booking can be found on our website here:
64. “Pitch” does not include any part of the Park except that which the accommodation in which you are staying stands.
65. “Services” means the services which we have promised to make available without a separate charge to you, for example any utilities to your Pitch. Services for which we make a separate charge are provided for under separate agreements and not these Booking Terms and Conditions.
66. “Site Licence” means the caravan Site Licence applicable to the park issued to us by the local authority under Section 3 of the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 and other relevant statuses.
67. “You/your” means the person making the booking and all members of their party excluding children under 18. Where there is more than one person, each is fully responsible for the obligations in these Booking Terms and Conditions.
68. References to taxes and laws are references to them as extended, amended or replaced from time to time.
Our Park Rules
69. Our current Park Rules applicable to your booking can be found on our website here.
If you require a copy these can be emailed to you.
Updated 16 December 2022