Dog Friendly Holiday Park Devon
Forest Glade is a dog friendly holiday park. Dogs are very welcome on site and there is plenty of space to exercise your pet, either on or off the lead.
Dogs at Forest Glade
Forest Glade is perfect for a dog-friendly getaway in Devon.
We have 300 acres of forest surrounding the park, which provides plenty of space for exercise.
We do not have an enclosed area for your pets but the forest is a great space for them to run around and explore with the rest of the family! There are no surfaced paths in the forest so please come prepared.
Please note there is a maximum of 2 dogs per unit (except by special arrangement).
We can provide details of local kennels and dog-friendly beaches.
Our Exe, Blackdown and Otter Caravans are pet-friendly so you can bring your family dog along to enjoy a holiday too!
Top tips for Camping with Dogs
Here are our top tips for making sure that you, your dog and your fellow campers get the most out of your stay:
- Towels for muddy paws are a must! It’s a good idea to have a seperate sleeping compartment for your dog if you can!
- An obvious one but lots (and lots) of poo bags!
- Bring your dog’s own bed from home to give your pup something familiar.
- A sturdy anchor to which you can tether your dog while cooking or eating makes mealtimes a lot less stressful.
- Make sure you dog is trained in basic obedience.
- Check your dog’s microchip is up to date.
- You might want to bring your dog’s vaccination information with you and don’t forget any medication needed.
For more information read our Top Tips for Camping with Dogs blog.
Dog Friendly Days Out
Make sure you get the most out of your holiday by going on lots of dog-friendly days out. There is plenty of choice in Devon.
See our top picks for dog-friendly days out below:
- The South West Coast Path is a short drive away as are plenty of dog-friendly beaches.
- Explore the grounds of the beautiful National Trust property Knightshayes.
- Take a doggy tram ride on the Seaton Tramway.
- Dog are also welcome at the Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth – this is one of our favourite days out and perfect for kids too!
Exercising your pet
Just along the road from us, on the way to Honiton, is Blackdown Hills Puppy and Dog Activity Park
Book a session and your dog(s) has 6.25 acres of land all to itself, and you have beautiful views out across the Exe Valley.