For those of you who are new to Forest Glade Holiday Park and haven’t yet stayed with us on the park here’s a bit about us. We are a medium sized, family-run camping and caravan park set in a unique location, a forest clearing, on the Blackdown Hills. We’ve been here for nearly 40 years (2015 is our 38th season) and there was a camping site here before we came. Some of our guests can remember the previous owners and have been visiting us ever since. We now welcome families with a third generation enjoying holidays at Forest Glade. Please visit our website to see our choice of accommodation, camping/touring pitches, other services and our facilities.
This is one of things you get to do on a management degree course:
Mission and Vision
Vision – To be ‘Just a great place to stay’ for families, mature couples and rallies and groups, meeting or exceeding our customers’ expectations.
Mission – We will achieve this by:
- Being a safe, welcoming holiday destination for families with children and with suitable facilities
- Providing a comfortable, peaceful, out of season retreat for older couples who can make the most of our surroundings
- Being a park of choice for rallies and groups due to the flexible nature of our pitch provision and competitive pricing
- Understanding the needs and expectations of our customers by listening to feedback and encouraging repeat business
- Continuing to meet the changing needs of all our customers by continually improving and upgrading facilities
- Inspiring our park staff to take pride in their work and put customer service first
- Providing a friendly welcome, efficient and helpful service, comfortable holiday accommodation and well-maintained touring pitches with modern facilities.
We think this sums us up but do let us know if you disagree!
The fourth point is very important to us. We take all feedback seriously, both good and bad, and aim to learn from it. Obviously we can’t do everything that is asked of us and we never want to spoil the park. Recent feedback has included ‘keep up the good work’, ‘please don’t ever have a bar or clubhouse’ and ‘it’s the lack of that kind of thing (slot machines and loud music) that makes it so special’.
Here’s a picture to brighten up this blog post:
These fantastic aerial shots were taken by Merryn Smith of Scy TV.